Terms of Service
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE lists what is included on the trip's page. Tips, travel insurance, alcohol are never included.
To reserve your place on one of our trips please complete the registration form with the non-refundable payment specific to your trip.
Payment can be made by credit card. Final balances are due 60 days before the departure date of the trip. If final payments are not received by 60 days prior to departure, THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE reserves the right to cancel your reservation and accept new reservations for your space. If you do not think you can pay in time please contact us via email.
4. Cancellation policy
If you wish to cancel your trip, you must notify THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE in writing. Once we've received your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following: If cancellation takes place more than 30 days prior to your departure date, the amount paid towards your trip may be transferred to a future RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE trip, subject to inventory and availability. If cancellation takes place less than 30 days prior to your departure date, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited. Any amount forfeited, which has not then been paid to THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE by you, will be recovered from you by THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE as a debt due and payable.
5. Changes/Trip Cancellations
THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary by our team, trip leaders, teachers or partners. In the rare case of a cancellation on the part of THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE we will offer a transfer to another trip. THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE is not responsible for any expenses or damages incurred as a result of trip cancellation including preparation costs, travel documents or other expenses. THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked in which case you will be given travel credit toward a future trip for any payments made to THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
INSURANCE & DOCUMENTS
6. Travel Documents and Immunizations
It is the responsibility of each traveler to obtain all required travel documents including Visas and other travel documents unless otherwise noted. Information regarding necessary documentation is provided per trip on our website or you can contact us for more detailed information regarding your trip requirements. It is your responsibility to purchase correct immunizations. Please contact your nearest travel clinic for the lastest requirements.
7. It is mandatory that all travelers provide proof of current and adequate travel insurance before the trip begins. Travel insurance must cover personal injury, medical treatment, repatriation, and evacuation expenses, including helicopter rescue and air ambulance internationally. It is recommended that travel insurance also addresses personal property and trip cancellation coverage. You are responsible for understanding the specifics of your travel insurance policy, ensuring that your policy covers all optional and included activities listed in the trip itinerary, and ensuring that there are no exclusion clauses that would limit the coverage that you might reasonably need.
Here are some example travel insurance companies: World Nomads Allianz Travel Insurance Travelinsurance.com
8. Acknowledgment of Risks – Assumption of Responsibility
Although THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE has taken reasonable steps to ensure safety, I acknowledge that this activity has risks, including certain risks which cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of this activity. The same elements that contribute to the unique character of this activity can cause loss or damage to the Participant including accidental injury, illness or in extreme cases, permanent trauma, disability or death and also can cause damage to or loss of property. The following describes some, but not all, of those risks.
Activities vary from trip to trip and may include but are not limited to: hiking, backpacking and climbing in a wide variety of environments including on rock, snow and ice; bicycling on trails and roads with a wide range of surface conditions and traffic volume; rock climbing, climbing on climbing apparatus and ropes courses, using zip-wires and rope swings; white-water rafting, river kayaking, sea-kayaking and canoeing; swimming, snorkeling and surfing; fishing.
THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE trips can involve travel to remote places, often times many hours from medical facilities. Transportation, evacuations and medical care can be significantly delayed; communication can be delayed, limited or not available.
Environmental risks and hazards include rapidly moving, deep or cold water; insects, snakes and predators, including large animals; falling and rolling rock; lightning, flash floods and unpredictable forces of nature, including weather which may change to extreme conditions without warning. Possible injuries and illnesses include hypothermia, frostbite, high altitude illnesses, sunburn, heat stroke, dehydration and other mild or serious conditions.
Throughout the trip, participants are responsible for their own safety.
I (the trip participant) acknowledge and understand that THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE trips include risks of injury or death to participants. I understand the description above of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in property loss, injury or death. I agree to assume responsibility for the inherent risks identified herein and those inherent risks not specifically identified. I acknowledge that participation in this activity is purely voluntary, no one is forcing participation and participation is elected with full knowledge of the inherent risks.
I (the trip participant) assume and accept full responsibility for any injury, death, loss of personal property, and expenses suffered as a result of those inherent risks and dangers identified above, and those inherent risks and dangers not specifically identified and as a result of my negligence in participating in this activity.
9. Release and Waiver of Liability
DECLARATION OF HEALTH. By accepting this Tour Participant Agreement I (the trip participant) represent that I have no physical conditions or medical precautions which would adversely affect my ability to take part in the physical or cultural activities offered on THE RUNAWAY EXPERIENCE trips. I fully understand that my participation in the activities could be injurious to my health and I voluntarily assume all risks related to such activities.
REFERRAL PROGRAM RULES
10. Referral Program credits will not be allocated until the referred party pays for their trip in full.
11. A client must book a trip using your promo code in order to be considered your referral.
12. There is no cash payout available, only cash credit towards future travel with The Runaway Experience.
13. The Runaway Experience may legally suspend or terminate the Referral Program at any time, without notice or notification. If suspension or termination occurs, those with referral program dollars will be given one year to use towards travel.
14. A customer can only be referred one time. Once the client is entered into the system, a code will be attached to the first person to refer the potential client.
15. We will not cold call referrals. This Referral Program is designed for only those individuals that have a desire to travel.
16. Referral Program credits are non-transferable.